Menu

Experiences with Yasmin as hormone therapy (not BC?)

My doc put me on Yasmin for 3 months continuous dosing to quiet a suspect ovarian cyst. The ultrasound results came back surprisingly negative, but she wants me on it even so, and then they'll evaluate further as to what is causing my pain (endo, etc.).

Does it make one aggressive? Angry? Etc... I've been, well, not my self for a few weeks now. Today has been the worst. Should I call? I'm not on any other medications.

I use it for hormone therapy because if I am NOT on any sort of hormone, I get suicidally depressed and have major anxiety attacks to boot. I also have horrible PMDD and acne, so my OB/GYN put me on Yaz a year ago to see if I could get everything straightened out. It works very well for me. I had been on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo before that, and it worked, too, but I still had really bad PMDD symptoms.

All that being said, the pill does different things to each person. My friend Beth couldn't take Yaz because it made her weepy, and it bloated my friend Christy up like a beached whale. I'd ask if you could take something else.

I took it a few years ago and it messed with my emotions etc way too much. I suspected this was the case and then one day, I was driving my then 4 year old somewhere and her mouth was running a mile a minute. I started thinking that if I could just drive the car into the highway overpass, then I would get some quiet. I came home and threw them away and all returned to normal. I know many have had problems with it but the same can be said for other bc/hormone pills as well.