Menu

Memoria Press's Christian Studies--which Childrens Bible?

Jayne J

I am doing a bit of shopping for next year and want to use the Memoria Press Christian Studies texts, which are keyed to The Golden Children's Bible. I can't find an ISBN at the Memoria site, nor an editor, author, or any other bit of information to help me locate the book elsewhere (I want to combine my order to save on shipping.) I found a book with the same title, but the cover is different. Anyone have the book from Memoria who could give me the ISBN or let me know if the cover has changed?

Thanks!!

Thanks for the ISBN! The edition I was looking at on CBD is in fact the same book with a different cover. Yay!

Here is some info from the Memoria Press site regarding the content of the program:

"Each Student Book offers 30 lessons, and each lesson is comprised of a scripture memory passage, important facts to know (including people, places, dates, and events), vocabulary, and comprehension questions that draw out the golden nuggets of meaning in each story. Maps, timelines, activities, and discussion questions offer the critical integration that is central to classical education."

Memoria tends to be tight lipped about content, so no pics of the inside--I don't know about color or other details. Anyone who used this and wants to fill us in?

My understanding is that, yes, you probably should use the specified childrens bible, because of the vocabulary, and the phrasing of the questions. However, I haven't used it and don't know if it is adaptable at all or not. Anyone?

Thanks!

Memoria tends to be tight lipped about content, so no pics of the inside--I don't know about color or other details. Anyone who used this and wants to fill us in?

The set up is similar to Prima Latina and the other Latina books -- two page lessons - very straightforward. One can go as in depth as they would like or just do what is on the pages and still get an excellent understanding of the events in that lesson.

My understanding is that, yes, you probably should use the specified childrens bible, because of the vocabulary, and the phrasing of the questions. However, I haven't used it and don't know if it is adaptable at all or not. Anyone?

I tend to stick with what is recommended -- and the GCB is working well for us.

Thanks!

:D