Menu

Quilters

I have saved my children's baby clothes to do a quilt for them but have never gotten a chance to get it done. What is the going rate for a crazy quilt design, that is a full or queen size quilt. I might end up doing it my self I just need to get these totes of baby clothes finished. Thanks so much for any suggestions or referrals' any info would be great. :001_smile:

I can't believe you posted this. . . . .

I'm about to start the same project. I just made a T-shirt quilt for my Dad (I'll be blogging about it later tonight, I think) and it came out great. I'll be getting together with my friend to work on the baby quilt project. . . .

My plan was not to crazy quilt, but to cut the clothes (gasp!) into pieces of cloth, and use them in a pattern, maybe something even as simple as a 9-patch.

Does that help? I did see people who were willing to do t-shirt quilts, but I didn't research quilts from baby clothes. . . . .

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I wish I could save it but I have taken up two closets that I can't even put my kids shoes in because the totes are stack on top of each other. I like your idea Rosie if I had the space I would really love to do that. :001_smile:

Can anyone tell me the best way to get started or what I need to get. I have taken a sewing classes and have sewed a few things. I was thinking of a crazy quilt pattern since the piece would be different sizes. I am going to a quilting store next week, to get supplies.