Menu

MIT Open Courses Kitchen Chemistry

I was looking at this, and it looks like a lot of fun. I noticed in the assignments, though, that there are research articles listed, however, it doesn't look like there are links to these anywhere. Are these necessary to doing the course, and if so, where can they be found? It doesn't seem as though they are in the main text.

Has anyone here used this course, and if so, what did you think?

TIA~ :)

No, I haven't but thanks for telling me about it. I will have my youngest do it for sure and see if my middle is interested too. In terms of the journal articles that aren't linked- try your local library. They may have online access to some of them. I will also try my son's college library although I am not sure they will have agricultural articles since he is attending a college in the DC area.:)

No, I haven't but thanks for telling me about it. I will have my youngest do it for sure and see if my middle is interested too. In terms of the journal articles that aren't linked- try your local library. They may have online access to some of them. I will also try my son's college library although I am not sure they will have agricultural articles since he is attending a college in the DC area.:)

I never thought about our local library having online access to journals but I bet our community college would have access to those in their library.

It does seem like a fun class. I'll have to pick up the book and see what I think after I look at that. One of the assignments was liquid nitrogen ice cream, which could be dangerous, but the neat thing is there's another version of the course listed, so it looks like if one cooking idea was something unworkable, between the two courses, something else could easily be substituted.

My dd 13 loves cooking and is very interested in chemistry, too, so this seems like a cool idea.