Menu

Cookies: Andes Mint, PNut Butter Kiss, Choc/PB Pinwheel Recipes, please?

I never do much holiday baking, but the thread last week really got me motivated. I thought these would be things the hubby and kids might like.

Could someone please post recipes for these? I've looked online, but there seems to be lots of variations. I want something yummy, but EASY!

Thanks!

Kim

I never do much holiday baking, but the thread last week really got me motivated. I thought these would be things the hubby and kids might like.

Could someone please post recipes for these? I've looked online, but there seems to be lots of variations. I want something yummy, but EASY!

Thanks!

Kim

For the peanut butter kiss ones, I make this one:

Ingredients

• 1 cup white sugar

• 1 cup peanut butter

• 1 egg

• 1 tsp baking powder

• 18 milk chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped

They are flourless and gluten-free. I made the ones that called for flour and they flattened. I guess I was supposed to chill the dough (the recipe didn't tell me to).

Thanks!

Just so you can all see how inept at baking I am, when a recipe calls for all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt, can't you just use self-rising flour?

Thanks again!

Kim

I had to edit bc I put baking powder, but then saw the recipe said baking soda. See, I'm clueless! What's the difference in baking powder and baking soda?

Edited by home4school
Ineptness in baking and knowing anything about baking...

I'm not sure what you're asking for--missed the other thread, I guess, but my friend does the most amazing thing to brownies. She gets a box mix--or any brownie recipe, she says, makes it acc'd to the recipe, & then puts andes mints on top as soon as they come out of the oven. The mints melt & then cool into a sold top layer, & oh my gosh--I'd have to be friends w/ her just for her brownies!

She gets a box mix--or any brownie recipe, she says, makes it acc'd to the recipe, & then puts andes mints on top as soon as they come out of the oven. The mints melt & then cool into a sold top layer!

Those sound decadent and easy! I'll try those for sure!

http://www.joyofbaking.com/cookies.html

This is a great cookie website!

Thanks! The pictures are really inspiring. You could look there all day.

Kim

I'm not sure what you're asking for--missed the other thread, I guess, but my friend does the most amazing thing to brownies. She gets a box mix--or any brownie recipe, she says, makes it acc'd to the recipe, & then puts andes mints on top as soon as they come out of the oven. The mints melt & then cool into a sold top layer, & oh my gosh--I'd have to be friends w/ her just for her brownies!

Aubrey, I don't know why I've never thought of this, but my dh would LOVE them. Thanks for the idea. :)