Menu

AHA! Yugioh Cards as a 4-H recreation project!

why didn't I think of this earlier????:w00t:

They've already written up an entire project record form page outlining community service, starting local tournaments, and finding comic book stores to help......

Huh? Pardon my ignorance but isn't Yugioh similar to the Pokemon characters from years ago? How does this tie in with a 4H project???

Huh? Pardon my ignorance but isn't Yugioh similar to the Pokemon characters from years ago? How does this tie in with a 4H project???

a 4-H project can be whatever you make it be.

4-H offers a category about RECREATION, including all sorts of games for personal development. A "typical" 4-H project includes learning about the topic, DOING the topic, teaching others about the topic [speeches, posters, demonstrations, etc], and some community service about the topic [donating cards to kids that can't afford it or introducing them to the game, setting up a tournament for those can't afford to drive to or incur the entry fees, setting up a workshop with a Yugioh "master" as a speaker, etc].

It's taking me a while to figure out how to make 4-H fit so many areas of what we already do-- it is VERY open-ended. I'm used to Scouts with their handy dandy checklists and merit badge books......

a 4-H project can be whatever you make it be.

4-H offers a category about RECREATION, including all sorts of games for personal development. A "typical" 4-H project includes learning about the topic, DOING the topic, teaching others about the topic [speeches, posters, demonstrations, etc], and some community service about the topic [donating cards to kids that can't afford it or introducing them to the game, setting up a tournament for those can't afford to drive to or incur the entry fees, setting up a workshop with a Yugioh "master" as a speaker, etc].

It's taking me a while to figure out how to make 4-H fit so many areas of what we already do-- it is VERY open-ended. I'm used to Scouts with their handy dandy checklists and merit badge books......

This is interesting. All I could think of was the old Pokemon cards my son and his friends were playing with - several years back.

I am really curious how this turns out for your kiddos. When we did 4H, we raised a market hog and took him to the fair so I am woefully ignorant about the recreation division in 4H.

I didn't even know there were tournaments and entry fees for Yugioh but the concept of donating cards to those who cannot afford them and organizing tournaments sounds wonderful. Nothing like teaching kids to think of others intstead of themselves.

I was never a very creative Mom but love to hear what projects others are tackling.

This is interesting. All I could think of was the old Pokemon cards my son and his friends were playing with - several years back.

I am really curious how this turns out for your kiddos. When we did 4H, we raised a market hog and took him to the fair so I am woefully ignorant about the recreation division in 4H.

I didn't even know there were tournaments and entry fees for Yugioh but the concept of donating cards to those who cannot afford them and organizing tournaments sounds wonderful. Nothing like teaching kids to think of others intstead of themselves.

I was never a very creative Mom but love to hear what projects others are tackling.

yeah.... they are a lot like Pokemon cards.

there's a LOT to 4-H. It's like a homeschooler's dream! Now the boys can plan to attend 4-H public speaking competitions yakking about Yugioh cards, heh heh heh.....

yeah.... they are a lot like Pokemon cards.

there's a LOT to 4-H. It's like a homeschooler's dream! Now the boys can plan to attend 4-H public speaking competitions yakking about Yugioh cards, heh heh heh.....

Learning to get up in front of a crowd and talk is frightening enough for some of us. If you can do it speaking about something you know very well probably helps tremendously - even if it's Yugioh cards. The bigger lesson is the public speaking and building confidence in one's ability to express a coherent thought.

My ds spoke about chickens :lol: because he had raised chickens for years but was a first-timer with pigs. He was totally comfortable and at ease. I was almost envious because it never came this easy for me.

Hope you all have a lot of fun with this project!