Menu

Does it matter if a treadmill...

has the different programs--you know, "fat burner," for ex, where it speeds up, inclines, etc?

It *seems* kind-of important to me, but...:confused:

Also CL has lots of Weslo Cadence models for incredibly cheap. Is there a reason *not* to buy one of these? Dh thinks we want a proform, & they're double the price of the WCs. All I know is that a bad treadmill isn't worth the $.

(And, lol, there was a manual one w/ a pic, that honestly looked like you could do just as well taping off a rectangle of your carpet & walking on that.) :lol:

I don't have a treadmill, but we do have a spinning bike. I rely on my heart rate monitor to gauge my workout... using it to change how I intensely I'm working out.

On a treadmill, I think the pre-made workouts are unnecessary. As long as there is incline and speed variation available, I'd say it's good. There is a series of DVD workouts called "Runervals" that have you manually change the levels...much more variation, and very good quality.

We use the Spinervals version for our spinning bike. Our bike is in our office, so we just play them on our computer.

I had a Walmart treadmill that I used fairly consistently for 3 years that did not have a pre-programmed option. I didn't miss that option at all. (I ended up cracking the board the belt wraps around from overuse, I guess.)

Recently, I got a used, but assumed better brand (Proform?) off of CL and it worked for 2 weeks.:glare: It had the preprogrammed options and I tried using them, but even the highest intensity one wasn't enough. I prefer to keep running at the same pace and incline for the whole workout. I don't want to walk for a few minutes and then run for a few minutes and so forth.

The CL one didn't have a manual, either, which was annoying.

Edited by chickenpatty