Menu

What's so special about Zhu Zhu pets?

The only thing I can see is that they are cute!!

Maybe it is for kids who are not allowed to have real pets? I got my daughters two of the hamsters each, along with a carrying case and bed for them. I'm not getting into the rest of the stuff....bunches of pieces that need to be put together for a hamster to run through it? I can envision that being used for about two days and then never touched again.

Well i was just blown away when my DH's parents spent $42 plus shipping for a Zhu Zhu pet for my niece on Ebay. Don't they retail for less than $10 normally? I know they are HTF in stores, but I would tell my kids to wait until January, when there will no doubt be a glut of them, and they will probably once again be found for under $10. :001_smile:

Well i was just blown away when my DH's parents spent $42 plus shipping for a Zhu Zhu pet for my niece on Ebay. Don't they retail for less than $10 normally? I know they are HTF in stores, but I would tell my kids to wait until January, when there will no doubt be a glut of them, and they will probably once again be found for under $10. :001_smile:

I don't know much about them, but I think the $10 price was one of the Toys R Us doorbusters on Black Friday and that they are usually much higher than that....

At Amazon.com, and Walmart, they were initially under $9.99. . in fact, people online were posting (on a bargain board) about buying them a while back for $8.99 at Walmart.

Wow, I'd never even heard of them before Black Friday. Waiting until the excitement dies down so that you can get it for $9 or $10 sounds a lot better!