Menu

Is it bad if my 2-year-old already knows how to lie, lol?

Goober. This morning she wanted some milk, and I told her she had to eat her peanut butter first. (Peanut butter toast basically.) So a few minutes later she asks for what she wants, with her peanut butter on the table. I picked it up, showed it to her, and asked her if she ate her peanut butter yet.

"All gone peanut butter!"

:001_huh:

I picked it up again and showed her, and told her it was not all gone, it was right here on the table. She immediately broke into her big plastered-on fake grin and her big hearty fake laugh, and said she was "so funny." :glare:

Goober. She just turned two. What's she going to be like when she's older, lol?? :lol:

My two year old is right there with yours. They must have attended the same school of trouble LOL. Today she finished eating her lunch and climbed down from her chair. She made her way into the school room. I said "Did you go wash your hands?" She smiled and said "yes." I hadn't been paying close attention to when she got down, so I said "Are you sure? I didn't hear you walk to the bathroom. Did you wash them?" Again, she smiled and said "yes." I called her over to me and smelled her hands. They still smelled like ham! There's no way she washed those hands. :glare: I'm kind of unsure how to address it....I don't think she understands the concept of lying.

Two year olds are so cute :001_smile:, and I thought that at that age it wasn't 'lying,' it was called 'magical thinking.' I think the book (which is as old as dinosaurs by now) is titled THE MAGIC YEARS by Stella Chess, and even if it isn't a currently held theory anymore, it is an incredibly enjoyable read. I read it 27 years ago, and I STILL remember it. Although, I do remember the family therapist speaking of it to me a couple of years ago, so perhaps Dr. Chess' theories have not been discounted.