Menu

Holiday Mail for Heros

I know a couple of people had asked about holiday mail for soldiers. I just received this in my email and thought I would pass it along.

The American Red Cross again will sponsor a national “Holiday Mail for Heroes†campaign to receive and distribute holiday cards to servicemembers, veterans and their families in the United States and abroad.

The card campaign includes those working and receiving care at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Due to security restrictions, Walter Reed cannot accept generic mail addressed to “A Recovering Soldier†or “Any Soldier.†In past years, hundreds of cards were returned to senders because of generic addresses, many sent in response to misleading e-mails.

The American Red Cross and Pitney Bowes Inc. will partner for the third year to provide screening of all mail sent to the following P.O. Box address:

Holiday Mail for Heroes

P.O. Box 5456

Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456

Cards should postmarked no later than Dec. 7 to reach servicemembers recovering at Walter Reed.

to soldiers through a local dentists office, but missed the deadline to drop it off for shipping to the troops.

Our dc dressed as soldiers in camouflage gear and face paint this year, and we have been praying for those who serve in the armed forces during our daily prayers.

Do you know of an address where we can ship the candy?

We still have loads of it on hand (in addition to the candy our dc received, we bought candy to distribute and had no trick-or-treaters this year) and we'd love to donate it to a worthy cause.