Menu

Would TOG's Writing Aids and IEW's Ancient History-Based Writing Lessons be overkill?

Quiver0f10

I like the looks of Ancient History-Based Writing Lessons and think it would be easier to be able to teach my 8th, 7th and 5th graders together using one curriculum.

However, I have TOG's WA and planned on using that. The downside would be that I will have to teach each one seperately for writing.

I like BOTH though and was wondering if I used both would it be too much?

What do you think??? :001_smile:

Please, take this for what it's worth, I only have a 1st grader. We haven't done the writing assignments yet, but I have looked at each week's assignments (at all the levels, LOL) as we've gone through our year. The writing assignments look (feel?) like a complete writing program. I'm not really familiar with IEW, but if it's also a complete writing program, then I would think it would be overkill. Would it be possible for your 8th and 7th to both do the Level 7 writing assignments with TOG? Then, you'd only be doing 2 levels (and from what I've seen, the 5th and 7th assignments are often the same - i.e, both doing newspaper articles, etc., so all the kids could work together on publishing a newspaper...)

Just my .02, but like I said....I don't know anything. :confused1:

Melissa

I like the looks of Ancient History-Based Writing Lessons and think it would be easier to be able to teach my 8th, 7th and 5th graders together using one curriculum.

However, I have TOG's WA and planned on using that. The downside would be that I will have to teach each one seperately for writing.

I like BOTH though and was wondering if I used both would it be too much?

What do you think??? :001_smile:

I guess it depends... me... I would do both!:D In WA.... some levels overlap... topics are used in more than 1 level is what Im trying to say...... ... how ever... The WA levels are not to be based on grade level but ability. Its a guide only.... if your 7th and 8th grader have not mastered a skill in level XYZ, they can cover it....

You could easily use the Ancients writing program as your core and supplement w/ WA.... The simplicity of WA could come in handy some weeks...

Just a few thoughts... no one right way to go about it, that’s for sure!:001_smile: