Menu

MCT Island level questions

LanaTron

If put my ds into MCT island level (using all components but the poetry), how much time should I expect to spend each day and/or week on this?

And I have read at least once that the teacher materials are not very user friendly. Yes or no? How about compared to something scripted like FLL/WWE?

TIA

At this level, does the child actually get practice at forming different sentences? Or is it all just analyzing other sentences? I've looked at the samples, and either couldn't tell, or I have forgotten. :tongue_smilie:
There's an associated practice book, Practice Island, with 100 sentences in for analysis.

Thanks to this thread (and other recent MCT threads) I have just taken the plunge and ordered the MCT Island level package for T. :D I think I'll have B continue in GWG and WT2. He's super resistant to change, and the MCT stuff doesn't look like something he'd "click" with. (Plus, I'm 90% sure I'll have him do K12 English next year.) Thank you so much to all of you who have answered questions about this curriculum. Hopefully it'll be a good fit, and bring some joy back to LA here. :)