Menu

CC: Power of a praying...book help

My sister in law just had her first baby, who is now just shy of 2 months old. She is a very empowered career woman who is having a difficult time adjusting to the selflessness and difficulty of motherhood. She was recently diagnosed with post partum depression and she is taking some anti-anxiety medicine to help her get some sleep at night. She is afraid to be alone with the baby (not for any real reason--not because she is afraid she will harm the baby, but it is overwhelming to be alone with the baby--it is her trigger for her panic attacks) and I am really trying to find a good God centered book to help her through her difficult time.

When I went through my bout of anxiety, my brother gave me the book Captivating and The Power of a Praying Woman. They were fantastic and now I am planning on sending Captivating and The Power of...something to her and I am not sure if the Mother book or the Woman book or if there was another one that would be good.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I have both The Power of a Praying books, and love them both. It would be hard to choose, but I'd probably send her the Power of a Praying Parent book. In that one Stormie talks about how she had all sorts of fears about her baby at first, and covers a lot of areas to pray about our children.