Menu

Scrapbookers, cardmakers-can you recommend a good brand of paper trimmer

Went to a df's house yesterday for Keepers at Home club and she showed us how to do card-making. We all loved it! I'm thinking of getting some simple supplies to do some more at home. I'd like to get a decent but inexpensive paper trimmer-NOT guillotine style. She had a Fiskar's that slides along within a straight gap. I thought I'd get that but it doesn't have good reviews on Amazon.

Any other similar type but a good brand? Thanks!

I think I have that Fiskars sliding cutter you mention in OP, HappyGrace. It works really well once you get used to it. I have learned you have to be VERY deliberate -- you must push the blade to one side to make sure your cut is straight, or else it will wobble and catch halfway through the cut. Also, replacing the blades very often is a good idea, as well, but they are pretty cheap and readily available. I've even seen them at Target. You can only cut one thickness of paper (heavy stock is fine) at a time. I've had it for about 5 years now.

I have a tiny CM cropper (guillotine style) that I LOVE, BTW.

Edited by BikeBookBread

I have a creative memories slide cutter that I like. It has grid lines on it (tho' it is tone-on-tone and can be hard to see) for making 90* and 45* cuts. You can get replacement blades for it as well, but it is probably pricier than store bought ones.

eta: I think all slide cutters have their own personality, and it takes a while to get used to it.