Menu

What MEP do I use with Singapore primary 2B and 3A 3B next year?

JadeOrchidSong

I have SM 2A 2B IP as supplement for our main TB/WB. We finished 1A1B ann IP 1A1B, which took a long time. Since we are transitioning to use Standards Edition 3A 3B TB/WB, I don't really want to buy the IP anymore, especially if we don't use them that much when doing 2A2B now.

So I am thinking of just using the free pages from MEP. So what part of MEP do I use with 2B, and then later 3A3B? I hope those that have done this could share your wisdom. I really don't want to spend a lot of time on the Singapore IP anymore if I can supplement with MEP to enrich our math.

By the way, my younger one will start SM primary 1A soon, so would you also share what you use from MEP to supplement?

Thanks,

J

Singapore and MEP have worked together nicely for us so far. We have used MEP level 1 with Singapore 1, and MEP 2 with Singapore 2. We do a page of MEP daily, and Singapore two or three times a week (depending on the topic). We also supplement with Miquon two or three times a week. Many times the MEP has been a nice review of the Singapore; other times it is a challenge that my boys enjoy. It has all been fun.:001_smile:

Zoo keeper,

Thanks for the answer. You obviously use a combo of 3. I am curious how long does it take for you to complete one level. When I used SM primary 1A1B all TB/WB/IP, it took much longer than a year. Since I haven't used 2IP so far into grade 2, I am really not interested in buying the next level of IP. I would like just use SM standards edition 3 TB/WB and add in the free MEP.

Thanks again,

J

We went through Singapore1/MEP1 in one school year (9 months). I took a step "backwards" when I began to use the Singapore/MEP/Miquon combo--my guys had already done all of grade 1 work in another math program (ABeka), but wanted to be sure that they (and I) understood Singapore's presentation (number bonds, more mental math, thinking in tens, etc.). So very glad I did so; we all have more confidence and understanding of basic math concepts, not just how to complete a workbook page. Singapore 2/MEP 2/more Miquon is still a work in progress.