Menu

Has anyone used: The Complete Book of Spanish?

Nestof3

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Book-Spanish-Grades-1-3/dp/0769685641/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1258691315&sr=8-2

I am really not interested in teaching a foreign language right now in a "formal" way, but both Nathan and Ben have shown interest in Spanish words.

Right now, our plate is full with language arts, math, science, history and art/music, so I do not want to commit to a program.

I was looking for something light and fun.

I'd love to sign up for United Streaming again for the Elementary Spanish, but I cannot justify the cost right now.

Thanks

I used it and the younger version The complete book of Starter Spanish and my kids really liked it.

I actually have 2 copies of The Complete book of Spanish I'm not using that are in brand new condition because I forgot I had them and then bought new ones that my kids used over a summer for fun. If you're looking to get them I'd be willing to send you mine for just the cost of postage.

I bought them from Sam's Club several years ago and always meant to do them but it just never really happened.

This year, we got Getting Started With Spanish and it is now the subject that gets done every day. Mr.Linney has also recorded complete lesson explanations which can be downloaded for free from his website, and he has a native Spanish speaker to help with proper pronunciation. Each lesson is quite short and my 11 and 9 yo boys do it together. We listen to the recording and then I pause it at the exercises. I have them take turns reading and interpreting. After that I ask the other if he thinks his brother is right and then we listen to the correct answer. Even though this is a "program" it is easier for me to use than The Complete Book of Spanish because it has direction and organization.

My boys are using it now and like it so far. It's simple, which is all I'm going for at this point.:D

We were working through The Easy Spanish, Jr., and I needed a break in at least one subject so I bought those and some kid-level, game-based Spanish software, which is the only thing they get to do on the computer. I figure we'll do this combo for awhile and pick up Easy Spanish again later in the year or even next year.