Menu

Anyone watch The Prisoner this week?

Pip

I kind of lost interest early on and just stayed in the room while everyone else watched it. We recorded it so I can view more closely later.

Overall I didn't like it. The ending was even more bizarre than the original, or so I thought. But, then again, the twist in the ending is what is making me want to go back and watch it again.

Any opinions?

I have all the episodes recorded, but I'm not sure I'm going to continue watching it. It's very bizarre. I don't mind bizarre, but it hasn't pulled me in yet. Plus, I don't really have time to add another TV show to my schedule. I haven't completely given up on it yet, though.

Question for you, though. In the beginning of the first episode, when 6 is carrying that old man, he goes from wearing a black shirt to wearing a light blue shirt. Did you notice? What was up with that?

Question for you, though. In the beginning of the first episode, when 6 is carrying that old man, he goes from wearing a black shirt to wearing a light blue shirt. Did you notice? What was up with that?

There are a lot of things like that. Or 6 will be talking to someone, then that someone will be someone else. Stuff like that...

We have it all recorded. We're almost through the second hour, but as you guys have said, I'm not really drawn into it. I like Jim Caviezel well enough, but I'm not much invested in the character, which is really what it would take to drawn into the story.

I keep telling Ian that if they end with (insert "surprise" ending of the American "Life on Mars" series -- which I loved until the last ten minutes of the series -- yuck!), then I'm going to be just furious. I can't handle another extreme cop-out like that.