Menu

Coupon book for a 5 year old, any ideas to put in it

I've never done this before, but I'm thinking of putting a coupon book in my daughter's stocking. I think she is at the age where she will really enjoy it. She cannot read yet, so I'll have to put pictures on them too. So far, I'm thinking of putting the following coupons:

1. postpone bedtime for 30 minutes (when I say bedtime, she can choose to pull this out)

2. 30 more minutes of TV

3. dinner switch (if she does not like dinner, she can ask for a PB&J or chicken nuggets or whatever).

4. get out of time out free

5. no school day

6. bedtime snuggles with mommy (I do not usually lay down with her at night but she always wants me to)

Can you guys think of anything else? I'd like to have 10 or 15 coupons in the book. I hope I'm not setting myself up to get annoyed LOL (like when I say bedtime and she pulls out the "postpone bedtime" coupon).

I'm doing this, too, but my DC are a little older. I'm not buying presents this year, but the kids will still have stockings for candy and a few small things, and I'm planning on putting the coupons inside. These probably won't help for a 5 year old, but this is what I've come up with so far:

1. One week's allowance doubled.

2. A game or video from the Itunes store (for my DS).

An outfit from Build a Bear (for my girls).

3. A trip to TCBY, or an Icee from the gas station convenience store.

4. Baking cookies (for my girls).

Pizza for dinner (for my DS).

5. A new Webkinz animal (for the girls).

A new DVD (for my DS).

6. Going to see a movie.

7. A new book from the book store.

8. A day off from school.

9. New earrings (for my girls).

Extra time on the computer (for DS).

10. Breakfast at the donut shop.

11. ??

12. ??

... I'm planning on using the idea from another thread about letting them use one coupon per month for 12 months; and they'll have to give me some notice so that I can get the money together. I still need a few more ideas...