Menu

Cranberries

What are some simple, easy, unexpensive and tasty recipes using whole fresh frozen cranberries?

I know I have a couple untried recipes clipped from magazines around somewhere, but I'd rather have some tried-and-true recipes from the great cooks of the Hive!

TIA!

This is the best I've found. I make it for the holidays every year.

Read the reviews for some ideas for variations. I only use about 1/2 cup of sugar.

Cranberry Sauce

203628.jpg Rated: 5.0.gifSubmitted By: Toni

Photo By: JENNIFERSUE

Servings: 11

"A Thanksgiving classic. Originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com."

Ingredients:

12 ounces cranberries

1 cup white sugar

1 cup orange juice

Directions:

1. In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar in the orange juice. Stir in the cranberries and cook until the cranberries start to pop (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat and place sauce in a bowl. Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2009 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 11/14/2009

Cranberry Bread

2 cups all purpose flour

1 cup sugar

1 ½ tsp baking powder

½ tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

¼ cup butter or margarine

1 egg beaten

1 tsp orange zest (I left this out)

¾ cup orange juice

2 cups dried cranberries (or 3 cups fresh or frozen chopped)

Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda into a large bowl.

Cut in butter until crumbly. Add egg, orange juice, and zest all at once. Stir just until mixed. DO NOT OVERMIX. Fold in cranberries.

Spoon mixture into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove and cool on wire rack.

Adapted from “Cranberry Thanksgiving†by Wende and Harry Devlin.

This is the best I've found. I make it for the holidays every year.

Read the reviews for some ideas for variations. I only use about 1/2 cup of sugar.

I thought I made this up! I make it with less sugar too or sometimes with 1/2 water and 1/2 orange juice. I also usually cut up some orange sections or clementines and put them in as well.

My family loves this and it is so good for you! And it's super easy. Picking through the cranberries is the hardest part.