Menu

MOH with younger children K-3

blessedmom3

I like the look of MOH.

My children are almost 7-6-5 , are they too young for MOH ? Also next year , will MOH 2 be too advanced for them?

I have SOTH but I think I would prefer MOH though I didn't order it yet. The reason is that MOH is much shorter and would keep my kids attention while I can add living books &pictures from Usborne History . Also I have the advanced history cd's from holdthatthought.com and they love to do notebooking.

I like a history program to begin with Creation and add Bible history in it as well . That said , I don't like it too be too much Bible either since I don't need a Bible study program but history.

Does MOH sound like what I need ?

Would MOH be appropiate for us or should we stick with SOTW for a few more yrs?

Edited by blessedmom3

I like the look of MOH.

My children are almost 7-6-5 , are they too young for MOH ? Also next year , will MOH 2 be too advanced for them?

I have SOTH but I think I would prefer MOH though I didn't order it yet. The reason is that MOH is much shorter and would keep my kids attention while I can add living books &pictures from Usborne History . Also I have the advanced history cd's from holdthatthought.com and they love to do notebooking.

I like a history program to begin with Creation and add Bible history in it as well . That said , I don't like it too be too much Bible either since I don't need a Bible study program but history.

Does MOH sound like what I need ?

Would MOH be appropiate for us or should we stick with SOTW for a few more yrs?

I used MOH with my oldest when she was in 1st grade, and it is still her favorite. She was able to do MOH 2 in 2nd grade, but my 2nd dd didn't follow along with either. My 2nd dd did do many of the activities, but history has never been her thing.

My guess is your older two would do fine with it, while your youngest wouldn't have any interest except in the activities. Volume 2 is harder to guess at. It has more detail and more content. If they love volume 1 it might carry over to volume 2. It might just be one of those things you have to try. You could always go back to SOTW or try Guerber, if MOH 2 doesn't work out.

Heather