Menu

Anyone used "Animal Obsevatory" Science in a Nutshell kit?

kokotg

I'm thinking of buying it, but I'm wondering how exactly it works....I'm assuming I have to get some animals to observe somewhere? Are we supposed to catch things outside or order things or what? The primary appeal of the kits for me is the whole not having to get materials together thing, so if it's going to a giant pain to find critters (or if it's the wrong time of year and I should wait for spring), I want to know before I order. While I'm at it, anyone used any of the other Science in a Nutshell life science kits and want to tell me which ones they liked or didn't? Or life science kits from other companies you'd care to recommend? Thanks!

I owned, but long ago sold, the Animal Observatory nutshell. I do remember for sure that you need a fish tank. Bugs will be collected, a variety of types. I can't remember if there was a small mammal (like hampster) lesson, possibly.

It definitely requires some small animals/fish on hand, and a source of bugs for collection, as well as getting outside to observe birds, etc.

I have emailed Delta Education and asked for the specific list of included lessons in a nutshell, and they have sent it to me. Ask them for the supply list and lesson list for Animal Observatory.

I've used a few of the anatomy nutshells, and liked them a lot. It's been a few years though, so my memory is fuzzy now.