Menu

Feelin' the love again for CW!

Mary in GA

We are working through CW Diogenes Maxim this year, and I REALLY like it. I was a Homer dropout. We had worked through Homer A, started B, and it was driving me NUTS! I felt like it took unnecessarily long to get through the lessons, that it could've been worked through more quickly. I either had to go through the core and plan my own lessons or quit. So I quit! We dropped CW for most of last academic year, but picked up with Diogenes this year.

I've always liked the ideas behind CW, but lacked the time (and inclination) to seriously try to plan my own lessons. I think with next dd, I'll delay starting CW until she can work through the Older Beginners book!

Mary

We are working through CW Diogenes Maxim this year, and I REALLY like it. I was a Homer dropout. We had worked through Homer A, started B, and it was driving me NUTS! I felt like it took unnecessarily long to get through the lessons, that it could've been worked through more quickly. I either had to go through the core and plan my own lessons or quit. So I quit! We dropped CW for most of last academic year, but picked up with Diogenes this year.

I've always liked the ideas behind CW, but lacked the time (and inclination) to seriously try to plan my own lessons. I think with next dd, I'll delay starting CW until she can work through the Older Beginners book!

Mary

Mary,

Glad to hear you are loving it again!

Heather

Mary

You know, I scrutinized CW Homer, I kept contemplating whether I wanted to use it or not. I remember looking at it years ago and thinking the same thoughts; it won’t work for us. I wanted to put in my own material, but it seems to be too much of a pain. I finally made myself feel better by looking at Diogenes and thinking that we could jump in there when the time comes, if I still want to by then. :)

As far as I can tell, I have no use for Aesop, since we do our own version of it anyway. (from what I have gathered from it)

Homer seems to be such a sore spot for so many people, I wonder if the authors have thought of revising it?

I’m glad you have found your groove. I’ll be watching to see how it goes from here.

:tongue_smilie: