Menu

Time Traveler series in a co-op?

Osaubi

Do you think that these would work well in a co-op setting? My ds wants to do a US History co-op. It would be from 2nd grade and up.

Would one of the series work better than another? I was thinking Explorers, but anything would be ok.

On average how long did it take you to complete a lesson?

Thanks!

Edited by Osaubi

Don't know for sure, but I assumed they were developed initially for use as a co-op class. They certainly would be fine for that. Your only trouble is going to be paring it down to what you'll do, lol!

Do you know you can see everything you make with each one by looking at the website? The text is going to be a lot (as in too much) for 7 and under, though you could read it yourself and retell it. The 7 yo might be fine (big might, more likely not), but the 4 yo would definitely drift. There's a lot of coloring, which of course all ages can enjoy. There's lapbooking in various forms, a lot of which spans ages well. Are you planning this for this year or next? If you want to spend a year on it, you'd spend 2 months on each cd basically and work through them in a year. Or spend 4 months and cover them over two years. I guess find your core moms and see what they want.

The explorers cd is great, but it's kind of abstract. We did all the mapping, and it was great for a 10 yo. I might do it a different way with a 7 yo. Even with my 10 we still got out the big (huge) Konos map, moved the characters around, etc.

I also assume you know WP sells the predone kits with a lot of the TT stuff already printed out and ready to go? You have to own the cd's, either already or buying them from WP. The preprinted packages can be a lifesaver and the difference between getting it done and intending to get it done, lol.

If all your kids are young, I'd probably simplify some of the TT projects, trimming down the writing, doing it from dictation, etc. If you have olders (10-11) on down, then TT straight will work. But look at the pics and gauge for yourself.

Don't know for sure, but I assumed they were developed initially for use as a co-op class. They certainly would be fine for that. Your only trouble is going to be paring it down to what you'll do, lol!

Do you know you can see everything you make with each one by looking at the website? The text is going to be a lot (as in too much) for 7 and under, though you could read it yourself and retell it. The 7 yo might be fine (big might, more likely not), but the 4 yo would definitely drift. There's a lot of coloring, which of course all ages can enjoy. There's lapbooking in various forms, a lot of which spans ages well. Are you planning this for this year or next? If you want to spend a year on it, you'd spend 2 months on each cd basically and work through them in a year. Or spend 4 months and cover them over two years. I guess find your core moms and see what they want.

The explorers cd is great, but it's kind of abstract. We did all the mapping, and it was great for a 10 yo. I might do it a different way with a 7 yo. Even with my 10 we still got out the big (huge) Konos map, moved the characters around, etc.

I also assume you know WP sells the predone kits with a lot of the TT stuff already printed out and ready to go? You have to own the cd's, either already or buying them from WP. The preprinted packages can be a lifesaver and the difference between getting it done and intending to get it done, lol.

If all your kids are young, I'd probably simplify some of the TT projects, trimming down the writing, doing it from dictation, etc. If you have olders (10-11) on down, then TT straight will work. But look at the pics and gauge for yourself.

Where is this at WP? I cant seem to find it. Is it the same thing you get from HIW? Or is it just the figures?