Menu

Preventing Academic Failure

I first read about it on a thread here. I noticed it mentioned using them on the PAF blank lesson plan. It just didn't say which ones. I finally found some information on Rainbow Resources page. This information is given in the description of the PAF sampler that Rainbow Resource sells.

Additional materials needed at K level are Ready to Read and Alphabet Picture Cards. Grade 1 Level requires Stepping Up in Reading Book 1, PAF Handwriting Program for Print, PAF Handwriting Program for Numerals, Alphabet and Key Word Picture Cards, Merill Readers A-D, Skills Books A-D and Explode the Code 1-2. Grade 2 Level requires Stepping Up in Reading Book 2, PAF Handwriting Program for Cursive (optional), Merrill Readers E-F, Skills Books E-F and Explode the Code 2-3. Grade 3 requires Stepping Up in Reading Book 3, PAF Handwriting Program for Cursive, Key Word Picture Cards, PAF Cursive Wall Strip or Cursive Alphabet Picture Cards, Merrill Readers G-H, Skills Books G-H, Explode the Code 4½, 6, 7, 8, and Megawords 2.

My son is using ABCD A-1 at the moment and will shortly start A-2. I don't think we will continue with ABCD because it looks like B introduces too many things at one. I love the ETC books, but they generally don't offer enough practice for him. That is part of the reason I started looking at this program.

Jan