Menu

s/o marble runs; anyone have the Q-Ba-Maze toy?

LLL wants a "marble run" (she keeps pointing out the Quercetti marble runs, and says she does NOT want the Quadrilla or HABA type...I think she's attracted to the bright colors). I'm not a plastic toy kind of gal, but the Quercetti is made in Italy, which is a positive (versus plastic from China).

Anyone know about this one? Q-Ba-Maze. It looks like it could be a major HIT or major MISS, nothing in between. Not really a marble run; you build the structure, then drop the marbles into it, and see if you created dead-ends (I guess...). It has won a few toy awards as well as design awards. I've looked all over the web and can't find where Q-Ba-Maze is made, though. Usually if something is made outside of China, it's trumpeted all over the place, so I'm guessing it's China :glare:

http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?product=15470&keyword=marble&scategoryid=0

This is the marble run that was highly recommend on this board last xmas. I got it for my 5 year old and it ROCKS!

By far the favorite toy at all play dates. It goes on sale for under $20 a couple times before xmas. I am thinking of getting another one this year so the kids can built bigger runs.

My Dh and I normally buy "better" toys for the kids, like the wooden train sets instead of plastic ect... but this was recommended over the wooden ones last year, and we have been thrilled.

Hope this helps.

http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?product=15470&keyword=marble&scategoryid=0

This is the marble run that was highly recommend on this board last xmas. I got it for my 5 year old and it ROCKS!

By far the favorite toy at all play dates. It goes on sale for under $20 a couple times before xmas. I am thinking of getting another one this year so the kids can built bigger runs.

My Dh and I normally buy "better" toys for the kids, like the wooden train sets instead of plastic ect... but this was recommended over the wooden ones last year, and we have been thrilled.

Hope this helps.

This looks really good, and has very good reviews, as well. It has all of the bright colors which LLL wants, and appears to be quite sturdy. I like that there are clear parts, too.

Oh, I hate to ask, but is it made in China? My DH and I have really tried to hold fast to the no more Made in China stuff...for many reasons...

I looked and I believe the discount school supply marble run is produced by PlayGo toys and their manufacturing is in China.

It is listed as ABA plastic which is a "safe" plastic. Quercetti is (I imagine, couldn't find about the marble runs but similar toys of theirs) made of ABA too. And they have a lot more information regarding the safety of their plastics. Plus Italy production. I'm pretty picky and I'd be ok with Quercetti I believe.

Edited by sbgrace

Finally found where Q-Ba-Maze is made. :crying: China.

I just heard back from Rainbow Resource -- I had e-mailed them yesterday -- THEY say, "according to the 'Product Safety Certificate' [Q-Ba-Maze] is manufactured in Brampton, Ontario, Canada and is imported and distributed through Minneapolis, MN." I would trust them more than the website where I saw the "made in China" statement.

Edited by BikeBookBread

I don't remember if it was made in China. :( Sorry.

Maybe email the company. This is very sturdy, the kids like to "crash" it and we have never broken a piece.

Good luck shopping. :) I bought and return 2 other marble runs last year before deciding on this one. :)

Which ones did you return?

Anyone have any reviews of the Qurecetti Sky Rail?

yhst-2071998925914_2078_45260140