Menu

MUS blocks--sharing?

Rosy

We got the starter and completer to begin with, just one set of each. Not everyone uses them every day so even if they want to all do math at the same time we do not have nay issues. As they get older it helps to have the fraction cards and the decimal blocks. Still, I would only get one set of each.

As long as they do math at different times you should be fine but I love that we have collected a ton of blocks over the years.

Wait--what if they do math together? Would they need their own set for that?:confused:

We'll be in Alpha this year, if that helps.

We have the starter set and completer set and have never had a problem with all 3 kids using the blocks at once. The older 2 do math together and share just fine, sometimes we get to my 3rd's math lesson before the older 2 are done and we still have enough blocks. Exceptions would be when they made the clock with the 5s block and other problems that require usuage of all the blocks of 1 colour. In that case I have the child who is approaching the questions 2nd to skip ahead to the next one and then return to it when teh 1st child is done. Now that they are halfway through Gamma they don't use the blocks nearly as much as they did in Beta. I am going to wager a guess that they will pick up their usuage when we start Delta, but again it will dwindle by mid-book.