Menu

How long can media mail take?

I purchased something from someone on this board 3 weeks ago and still haven't received the package. It's something that I really, really needed. I've contacted this person several times (PM and email) but can't get a hold of them.

I really want to give them the benefit of the doubt that they sent the package but they haven't replied to me. I've never had a package take this long for media mail but I'm wondering if it is common. At this point I may need to order the book new because I needed it two weeks ago. I'm really not worried about the money (it was only $5) but I really need the book.

FIRST CLASS mail needs to be out of the post office THE DAY it is dropped off---media or parcel post is not a priority and does NOT have to leave right away--if post office is extremely busy with first class and priority, etc...media/parcel post can sit in a post office for a couple of weeks and then when it gets to the next post office it can sit there.....the closer it gets to the holidays the longer it will take for media/parcel post.