Menu

Singapore? Starting where??

Ok, for someone who's gone through this... I have a son who understands that he can skip count for a multiplication answer, I'm using a Japanese abacus to teach basic math. Although... the abacus is for just solidifying his understanding. He can look at 8 + 9 and without using his fingers tell you it's 17. He loves to sing about squares and cubes... He memorizes better than I ever have. Review it three times... and he's set.

He is a young 6; right now he loves math.

I am using Singapore US Textbooks with the teacher's part from Sonlight, for my daughter and think he might do well with them. I think he has done ok without a curriculum... But to be honest, I just wanna start him on something... for more to do. And, for the habit of "school". Of course, we'll still do living math books and such...

Where can I start him... either now or next year... I think it might be a good idea to figure out how to not "miss" anything since it seems different than the math I'm use to. (of course, I'm not use to an abacus either...)

Thanks!

Carrie:-)