Menu

WWE workbooks and 4th grader, question

rafiki

Personally, I just keep working. My youngest dd is 4th grade and we are finishing FLL 3 this week and starting FLL 4 next week. I just bought the pdf of WWE 3 workbook, because 4 isn't out yet. We started that today and I am even going to use it with my 6th grader.

We haven't done much writing and a little review never hurt, in my opinion. I wouldn't skip ahead, just work faster like you are already.

My 4th grade ds is using the WWE 2 workbook, he's on week 25 and doing 2 days in 1.

So he will eventually "catch up" to his actual grade level because of WWE being written for 4 day weeks, we school 5, we are doubling lessons, and we school year round.

Would you just keep going like we are and not worry about where he is as long as he's progressing?

Or should I pick up the pace? If you've gone back a level or more with your older kids using the workbook, how did you adjust the pacing?

He is also working through IEW, day 1 outline/narrating, day 2 rough draft, day 3 edit, day 4 edit, day 5 final copy.

The current pace fits him, but I just wondered if I should focus on getting him to level 4 in WWE?

If it's working well, I'd keep doing it. I'm doing the WWE 3 workbook in a similar way (2 days at a time) with my 4th grader and I think we'll be done with it in time for the WWE 4 workbook to come out, which I hope to be able to do in a similar way by that time.