Menu

Gifts from kids-- what are they making?

What are your kids making the grandparents, etc, this year for Christmas ( or insert your own holiday here)? My oldest is only 7, and I feel like between birthdays, Christmases, Mother's/Father's Day, we've already made all the good stuff.... I'm ready to be inspired!;)

In the past we've done

Peppermint Bark (kids love to smash the peppermints)

White Chocolate-dipped pretzel rods with red/green sprinkles

Sugar shower scrub

Terracotta pot decorated like a face with grass hair

Handprint oven mitts

Fudge cut into fancy shapes and sprinkles

Ornaments

....and many more things that are escaping me....:tongue_smilie:

My boys are making either a mosiac or freezer paper stenciled wall art with the letter of the grandparents' last name, except for my mom. Hers will say Nana. Godparents will get something along those lines too, but probably on a smaller scale...maybe mosaic coasters or something.

We did this for Easter. I have noticed that my mom and dh's mom still have them on display in a pretty vase!!

This may not be something that appeals to you but both of these have been big hits for gifts to the grandparents.

1. I bought the small scrapbooks...not a full size one from Creative Memories when my boys were 5 and 6. Each boy did pages in the books...writing names, drawing as well as pictures, memorabilia pertaining to that page. My mom still to this day claims these as her favorite gifts of all time. We put a favorite pages of all their favorite foods, sayings, colors, etc. I think the reason we liked making them is that we did a page a day and it wasn't something to hard for kids at that age.

2. We made a picture depicting all the "good times" and each boy drew parts of it and it came out in the design of a quilt and we found the perfect phrase about family and wrote it going around it. Then we framed it and again, it is one of the favorites of grandmas.

These are good gifts in the sense that my boys still like to look at them when we visit grandma's house.