Menu

Time Travelers questions

Jen500

We are not a lapbooking family and have really enjoyed the Time Travelers we have completed so far. Last year we used Colonial and Explorers to supplement our history studies and this year we are in the middle of Early 19th Century with plans to use Civil War later in the year, both as supplements to our studies.

I find the material to be a nice balance of reading and activities. My kids are 7,8 and 11 and they all enjoy history. The projects enhance the lessons and range from recipes to vocabulary cards to maps and models. I really like the timelines they include. We modify some of the projects so that they can be placed in our history notebooks but none of them require much modification. Some we place in page protectors and place in our notebooks that way. We do most, but not all of the projects.

Homeschool in the Woods is not a secular company and some of the penmanship exercises particularly in the Colonial lessons do contain Biblical refernces if I recall correctly. In the 19th Century one the penmanship is from McGruffey's Primer. I think they use whatever materials were used in the time period being studied. Most of the lessons we have done in 19th century so far have no religious references.

There are decent pictures on their website that give a good representation of the projects.

Hope that helps.