Menu

Question for you ladies who swim laps for exercise

I have always been a Speedo girl for my lap swimsuit.

Last workout suit I bought was a Tyr. I wasn't that impressed. Is this brand normally prone to losing elasticity and color? I didn't buy the cheapest one in the store, either. Without TMI, I do need coverage/compression up above (there's been enough talk about BooKs on the boards recently...so I don't want to "go there").

I'm fit, but curvy. Which suit would you recommend? Go back to Speedo? I was at a triathalon supply store this weekend, and saw a brand called "Splish". Anyone know about this one? The suits were amazingly cute, but I know nothing about their elasticity. The store is extremely high-end and well-thought of, but most female triathletes aren't, shall we say, curvy.

TIA!!

Hmm, Tyr usually last much, much longer than Speedo. So much so, that I won't waste my money on Speedo at all. I don't know about the splish brand. If you like Speedo, and it works for you, I'd stick w/ it. Sorry I'm not more help, just wanted to say that we love our Tyr suits, and they usually outlast speedo, so maybe it was a fluke?

Oh, ours are all competition suits. Maybe that's why? Was yours a comp. suit?

Hmm, Tyr usually last much, much longer than Speedo. So much so, that I won't waste my money on Speedo at all. I don't know about the splish brand. If you like Speedo, and it works for you, I'd stick w/ it. Sorry I'm not more help, just wanted to say that we love our Tyr suits, and they usually outlast speedo, so maybe it was a fluke?

Oh, ours are all competition suits. Maybe that's why? Was yours a comp. suit?

I'm not sure -- the label doesn't indicate the model. It is 80/20 nylon/lycra spandex. I wash it in baby laundry detergent and cool water after each wearing. The compression is just GONE. I'm not wearing it even weekly -- maybe 2x month AT THE MOST. The rear still has plenty of coverage - no thinning. It's a mid-high front x-back with a bit of extra fabric on the lower part of the x. It's definitely not a recline by the pool suit. Are suits sold at places like big-box sports stores (Sports Authority, Gart, etc.) of lower quality than those sold in stores catering to "serious" athletes? (Like independent stores?)