Menu

Dishwasher woes...

Lately, the dishwaher runs occasionally without any water......then the food is SUPER baked on from the heat the dishwasher generates. :confused: why is this, and how can I fix it? Before it was doing that, sometimes when it would drain the yucky stuff would come up in the sink. Any thoughts? (new-to-us house with new-to-us dishwasher)

TIA!

Lately, the dishwaher runs occasionally without any water......then the food is SUPER baked on from the heat the dishwasher generates. :confused: why is this, and how can I fix it? Before it was doing that, sometimes when it would drain the yucky stuff would come up in the sink. Any thoughts? (new-to-us house with new-to-us dishwasher)

TIA!

I do not know what to do if it runs without water, but the problem of yucky stuff coming up in the sink is usually when you've run the dishwasher without clearing/running the garbage disposal before you start it.

HTH

I do not know what to do if it runs without water, but the problem of yucky stuff coming up in the sink is usually when you've run the dishwasher without clearing/running the garbage disposal before you start it.

HTH

Yep, I have that happen a lot.

I have no idea about running without water, but I'd say turn off the heat dry and then you don't have to worry about baked-on food when that happens.