Menu

CC Verses needed please

I thought I would come to the Hive mind and ask for verses from the Bible that deal with the following idea. Please no debate. Just for my own understanding, I would like to know verses that deal with this topic so I can analyze whether we are following the Bible or the interpretation that has been handed down.

What verses deal with the idea that we are born sinners? I know a few but none of them say born, They say All have sinned, No one with sin and that sort of thing but I'm looking for ones that directly deal with being born a sinner. I simply can't think of anymore now that I want to find them :D

Thanks!

John 9:34 - They answered him, "You were born in utter sin, and would you teach us?" And they cast him out.

(This is the Pharisees questioning the man whose blindness had been healed on the sabbath.)

and tangentially related:

Romans 5:18,19 - Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men. For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

Your question puts me in mind of the whole account of Adam. The world, and Adam and Eve were made perfect; sinless. Adam and Eve were put in charge of the world and all that was in it. When Adam and Eve chose to disobey God, they, and everything they were over, suffered the consequences of their choice. Everyone born since the fall as inherited Adam's fallen nature.

That's what I was thinking of, and I found these verses about that.

Romans 5:12-21

Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned--for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law. Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who was a pattern of the one to come. But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God's grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many! Again, the gift of God is not like the result of the one man's sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification. For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ. Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men. For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous. The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more, so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

I Corinthians 15:21-22 and 42-50

For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead.

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.

So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual. The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven. As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.