Menu

Does anyone have this item from Costco in their fridge??

....the tri-tip steak with lime garlic chunky sauce/salsa? It is sold in the fresh meats/semi-prepared foods case at Costco....

I had this at a friend's house a while back and ADORED the salsa...if you have this right now, could you post the salsa ingredients for me? I want to make this for dinner tonight :)

I don't have what you are asking for but I make a lime/garlic/cucumber salsa.

I use approximately

8-10 roma tomatoes choped

1 fist sized finely chopped sweet onion if you like it mild or 1 white onion if you like it spicier

3 diced jalapenos (diced-up, jarred slices are fine) if you like it hot but you don't have to put any in if you don't want to. If you don't like to handle them, you can process them with the food processor.

salt

1 cucumber, peeled and de-seeded (slice in 1/2 lengthwise-then use spoon to scoop seeds) then chopped.

1 large bunch of cilantro, leave ends only, washed and finely chopped. One handful after being chopped.

1 small bunch of green onions, chopped.

1 fresh lime: I use a sharp knife and slice of the outer green layer (avoiding the white as much as possible) and finely dice it. If you have a really good food processor, you can skip the dicing and let it do it for you in the next step.

in food processor I put:

juice of one lime and zest (from the lime mentioned above)-if you can't get limes I have skipped the zest and just added lime juice from the bottle-no nearly as good but edible- I buy the frozen Minute Maid brand) I have also used lemons or 1/2 and 1/2 but all lime is the best to me.

2 cloves garlic-can increase depending on your taste

splash of vinegar

1/4 teaspoon sugar

small amount of olive oil-maybe a teaspoon?

If you don't have a food processor finely dice the garlic as fine as you can, and just stir it with the other ingredients.

You can absolutely skip the cucumber, especially if you are using this in a hot dish. My family lives on this in the summer, it is very good to add a can of rinsed black beans, and chopped up grilled chicken. Refrigerate it all and devour with chips. mmmmmmmmm

I don't have what you are asking for but I make a lime/garlic/cucumber salsa.

I use approximately

8-10 roma tomatoes choped

1 fist sized finely chopped sweet onion if you like it mild or 1 white onion if you like it spicier

3 diced jalapenos (diced-up, jarred slices are fine) if you like it hot but you don't have to put any in if you don't want to. If you don't like to handle them, you can process them with the food processor.

salt

1 cucumber, peeled and de-seeded (slice in 1/2 lengthwise-then use spoon to scoop seeds) then chopped.

1 large bunch of cilantro, leave ends only, washed and finely chopped. One handful after being chopped.

1 small bunch of green onions, chopped.

1 fresh lime: I use a sharp knife and slice of the outer green layer (avoiding the white as much as possible) and finely dice it. If you have a really good food processor, you can skip the dicing and let it do it for you in the next step.

in food processor I put:

juice of one lime and zest (from the lime mentioned above)-if you can't get limes I have skipped the zest and just added lime juice from the bottle-no nearly as good but edible- I buy the frozen Minute Maid brand) I have also used lemons or 1/2 and 1/2 but all lime is the best to me.

2 cloves garlic-can increase depending on your taste

splash of vinegar

1/4 teaspoon sugar

small amount of olive oil-maybe a teaspoon?

If you don't have a food processor finely dice the garlic as fine as you can, and just stir it with the other ingredients.

You can absolutely skip the cucumber, especially if you are using this in a hot dish. My family lives on this in the summer, it is very good to add a can of rinsed black beans, and chopped up grilled chicken. Refrigerate it all and devour with chips. mmmmmmmmm

This sounds VERY close! Thanks!!!!!