Menu

What to use after LA WEstward and Onward?

zantoc

We are using AWOA and loving it and I want to continue on even though some have said ANWOA is tedious, I plan to skip over the parts I don't like. I am wondering for those of you who have used all 3 volumes where do you go from there?

Thanks, Christa

Welcome Christa. I'm glad you are enjoying AWOA. Firstly, you should just take your time working through your volume. Some families extend their days so the volume will last 1 1/2 years instead of 1. By the time you get to the end of volume 1, you can do the same for ANWOA. W&O is tremendous. I asked Dorian the same question you did several years ago, and she suggested a world geography course of some type, just one example being Around the World in 180 Days. A good description is found here: http://www.highschoolscience.com/books/atw/atw_toc.html We used Volume 2 of Christian Cottage, which was light on content but had lots of fun geography crafts and cultural foods for each continent and country. You have so much fun ahead of you! Just don't fret about anything, and just enjoy your time one day at a time. Blessings~

http://www.christiannovelstudies.com/

I also checked this out from another post. It looks pretty good for American History. I think I am going to stick with Learning Adventures until we finish the series. At the rate we are going it will more than likely be 1 1/2 years to finish AWOA and from what I understand the next two volumes are bigger. The only other one I am looking at now is Wever from Alpha-Omega publishing. I should mention right now we are also using MOH Vol 1 with AWOA just to beef up the history and we also do a nature study to add to science. Other than that we follow it to a tee. An I have to say we are really loving it!