Menu

moby wrap baby carrier...opinions

anyone use this baby carrier? what do you think of it?

is it hard to use? hard to understand directions to get started?

excessively hot? comfortable?

does/did baby like it?

my babykins needs to be held all day. i'm looking at this wrap to help me out.

any feedback much appreciated. thanks!

LOVE wraps!! They have a bit of a learning curve but once you get the hang of it they go on really easy. There are how-to videos online (thru BabyWearer.com and YouTube) showing how to do the different ties.

The two babies of mine that I wore loved it!! And I loved it as well because I could wear/cuddle them but also get things done around the house or tend to the other children.

If you have a warm-natured baby it can get a little sweaty but it's not horrible, especially now that the weather's turning cooler.

The wrap is very comfortable! The way you wear it helps distribute the weight across your back/shoulders. They also don't droop like slings tend to do. The baby is held up nice and close to you.

I also made my own. Many times WalMart has perfect material (almost gauze fabrics or very thin knits) on their $1/yd table. The downside to Moby's (or any wrap made of knit) is once the baby gets heavier, they sometimes loose their tautness. This is why I preferred to make my own with a cotton-blend almost gauze fabric.

I wasn't too fond of the Moby. I think I would have liked a woven wrap much better. The Moby has WAY too much stretch for me. I did like it when I had an itty bitty newborn though (few weeks old) - it was like carrying the baby in a very tight tshirt. You can imagine though, with a heavier baby, a tshirt won't cut it. I can't imagine using the Moby in a rucksack type carry (not even sure if thats safe?), but thats really the only carry that would work for me if I was wearing the baby in order to get stuff done during the day. I'm so short that a baby on the chest really restricts my movement lol

I'm also a big fan of the Ergo and Babyhawk Mei Tai, but used those with older babies.

they are great. but if your new to wrappng id go for something like a baby k'tan. same stretchy wrap, but it doesnt have to get wrapped. they are great. since stretchy can only be used for so long comfortably, its a less expensive optiuon (i have one to sell too :) )

the other thing is a mei tie, you can use it front and back with a newborn., i had ds on my back at 2 weeks ond :)