Menu

quiche questions...

I'm having a baby shower tomorrow at 11:00 am. It is now 6:30 pm.

1) Would you make the quiche tonight or tomorrow morning? Tomorrow is going to be packed with stuff to do. Can quiche be baked, fridged, and re-heated well?

One has a savory crumb crust (pre-baked: flour, ground pecans, cheese), one has a traditional pastry crust and the third is crustless (more of an egg pie with flour mixed in with the eggs).

2) One of the quiches is a chicken pecan quiche. (Southern Living cookbook - WONDERFUL recipe!). But I chopped up the chicken and found I am short: I have 1 1/2 cups, and it calls for two. I need to bulk this up somehow. Do you think that crumbled turkey bacon would be an acceptable amendment? I also have red bell pepper, broccoli and fresh spinach available. Which would go best to bulk it up? Using bacon would make it similar to a cordon bleu flavor...there is sharp white vermont cheddar which tastes more swiss than cheddar, chicken, and pecans .

Edited by BikeBookBread

I second doing it tonight. I HATE scrambling in the morning, because I am a night person, so for me it would be easier all around, and the (small) amount the crust would suffer would be worth it. :)

ETA: plus, one of the great things about quiche is that you can eat it cold as well as hot. Or even room temp, at my house. :rofl: