Menu

I am not happy with Staples right now--they ruined my book!

I went to get the binding cut off from my SOTW activity book, and the lady that did it must not have known what she was doing. She cut into some of the print on the top of the page. This is really not acceptable. I walked out of the store without checking it out because I am such a trusting soul and just assume that people know what they are doing. I wish my hubby was here right now--he would go down and get them to refund the $2 they charged me to cut the binding off and make them pay for a replacement book. This time around I would buy the three hole punched version like I did the last time! So much for buying a used copy and saving me money.

Yep, I would go back and talk to a manager. It sounds like one could easily see that it's their error and they've rendered your book useless.

I had a book ruined by Staples once. They actually rebound it with one section inverted. It ruined about 50 pages of it. I told them turning it around and rebinding was unacceptable to me, and they did refund the cost of the binding, plus the price I showed them to replace the book. I copied off the amazon.ca page for that book as proof of replacement cost.