Menu

Tell Me More foreign language program users??

Mindy

if you search on the high school thread, there is a fair amount of discussion.

We have it but my children have never gotten into it and worked more with Rosetta Stone. My ds found it disorganized. But there are others who like it a lot (so search for others). For high school, I'd say you need more than either of them. But RS has been a great "immersion" type experience to prepare them for other programs.

My middle dd has been using TMM for several months, but she is dropping it for now. It has gotten to a point where it is expecting her to know vocabulary that it hasn't taught yet. Rosetta Stone didn't work for her either.

We're going to try something completely different for now. I found a 2nd grade social studies textbook in Spanish and the same book in English as well. She's going to read the Spanish book one sentence at a time, try to translate, then read it in English. She'll try to figure out the meanings of any words that she didn't catch in Spanish by reading the sentence translation. If she still can't figure it out, we'll use the Spanish/English dictionary. We'll also go back to using Easy Spanish Step-by-Step.