Menu

Need meal idea for very restricted diet

A friend of mine is having a lupus flare-up and she is on a very restricted diet. I was wondering if any of you have any meal ideas that I could make for her. These are her restrictions:

No dairy

-No refined sugars

-No gluten/wheat

-No tomatoes or tomato products

-No paprika or pepper

-No yellow corn - purple is fine

-No red meat

Any suggestions you can offer would be very helpful.

Thanks

Anne

It is suppose to go in a pita pocket but it is tasty and you could put it on rice.

Marinade chicken breasts 4-5 hrs or over night.

2 garlic cloves crushed

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup lemon juice

1/4 cup olive oil

1/2 cup white vinegar

1 teaspoon nutmeg (not optional)

Spread onto baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for about 40 mins.

The sauce that you put in the pita pocket is mashed potatoes with 1 cup mayonaise and 5 cloves of crushed garlic.

This is really good with pickles of any kind.

Bon Appetite!

This goes on rice.

Gently fry chicken breasts that have been pounded to 1/4 inch thick in olive oil and add salt. Remove and keep warm.

Add to empty pan

2 teaspoons white wine (you could omit this I think)

2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

Boil a minute.

Reduce heat and add

1/2 cup (half and half ) I have used cocconut milk successfully.

1/2 cup chicken broth

1 teaspoon fresh ginger cut up small

Cook over medium heat for 2 mins

Add chicken

Serve on rice. This is not a thick sauce but it is good.

Yum! Thanks for asking I had forgotten this one.

Make sure the chicken is organic free reange, or your friends body will really go bonkers! And, not in a good way!

What a lovely thing you are doing for her! I wish I had a friend like you! :hat:

*How about sushi?

*Or a vege stirfry, easy on the 'fry' part of it - if you use coconut oil, go for it!

*Organic brown rice with poached fish and steamed veges would be lovely jubbly. A bit of tamari on the side would also be tasty.

*A raw vege salad with flaxseed oil and herb dressing.

It wouldn't have to be fancy. Simple food with lots of colour from carrots, broccoli and sprouts so it is lovely to look at would be delish!

:001_smile: :001_smile: :001_smile:

It's a grain that you cook and use in place of pasta, rice or something like that. I enjoyed it! I will use it again. In my searching (maybe on wikipedia?), it mentioned that it is often used as a starch replacement for people who are allergic to wheat. The cool thing about it is that it has a high protein content and slow absorbtion rate, so is likely good for diabetic people.

I made it as a salad (like pasta salad), with olives, roasted asparagus and sundried tomatoes. But it can be made with any other veggies, or used a base for your chicken dishes.

HTH and GL! - Stacey

When I have fibro flairs I need to keep it simple. I do single things that will mix and match.

Grilled chicken, baked fish, lean pork chops, etc. for meat.

Sides would be raw veggies mostly - some steamed.

Starch would be complex like brown rice, lima beans, kidney beans, sweet potatoes, etc.

I try to get organics and use as much raw as possible. Dried beans rather than canned. Casseroles are right out. Simple meat, veggie, starch adn fruit.

I don't know if this would be possible but if you can get food allergy books from the library, try things that would be on an elimination diet.

The recipes are nearly completely allergen free.

I lost 10lbs when my kids were on it! :001_rolleyes:

HTH,

Christy