Menu

Meaningful Composition - Can you help me with placement?

angela&4boys

Our 6th grade ds is familiar with KWO's, dress-ups etc.... He's written original one-paragraph essays that are relatively lengthy and a few three-paragraph essays via the IEW method.

I'm thinking about these two options:

• Book 4 II since it seems he's covered the majority of topics in Book 4 I and they suggest the latter for beginners who are not familiar with their methodology.
  • Or should I look at a higher level? And if so, which one?

Thoughts appreciated,

I am currently using 5 with my 5th grade dd. It is going very well. However, the 8+ is way too much for my 8th grader. My gf looked at the 8+ and chose to use 6+ with her 8th grader. It is more appropriate for her dd's skill level, but she does not like it for some reason.

I love the 5 level. It is just enough, not too fast, not too slow.

When I needed help with placement, I contacted the author and she was great help.

Thank you, Marla. I plan on calling them this morning.

I am currently using 5 with my 5th grade dd. It is going very well. However, the 8+ is way too much for my 8th grader. My gf looked at the 8+ and chose to use 6+ with her 8th grader. It is more appropriate for her dd's skill level, but she does not like it for some reason.

I love the 5 level. It is just enough, not too fast, not too slow.

And thank you, Holly. After looking at the options more thoroughly, I like 5 for him as well. We're running out of options and I'm hoping MC will be the magic bullet. :)