Menu

Question about Discovery Education and Elementary Spanish

Karla in Oregon

I just signed up for Discovery Education again today. I have previously used DE and had no trouble finding the Elementary Spanish lessons. Now, I can find no Spanish instruction, only videos presented in Spanish for Spanish speakers. Has this happened to anyone else. Are the Elementary Spanish lessons now only available if you buy DE PLUS? Maybe the website is just not functioning properly today? Thanks for any help.

I don't have any trouble finding it, but I do have "Plus."

If you are logged in, see if this link will work for you:

http://search09.discoveryeducation.com/index.cfm?Ntk=d_Series&Ntt=Elementary%20Spanish&Nty=1&D=Elementary%20Spanish&N=0&blnSearchInit=1

If not, use the menu on the left side of the home page for DES. Click "World Languages," then click "Spanish," then narrow the choices by clicking the grade level you're looking for and also click "Full Video." You should see Elementary Spanish episodes among the choices presented.

If you do all that and still don't see it, then I'd email the Homeschool Buyers Coop and ask them if it's only available to Plus members.

Jackie

BTW, I discovered last night that if you do an "Advanced Search" on the DE Streaming page, and you type the title exactly like this (depending on which level you're looking for):

Elementary Spanish: Grades 01-02

Elementary Spanish: Grades 03-04

Elementary Spanish: Grades 05-06

Then click "Match ALL Words" and, at the bottom of the search menu, set Order results by to "Title" and "Ascending," you get a list of ALL the lessons for the entire level IN NUMERICAL ORDER!!!

No more laborious searching for each lesson one by one and loading them into your My Content folders! Just do the search, bookmark the page, and you're good to go!!! :hurray:

Jackie