Menu

Can someone tell me...

Why, totally out of the blue, my husband decides Saturday morning was a great time to decide to teach our 6 year old son multiplication and squares? Without even asking if it made sense to? Or really knowing what he was working on at all? Or recognizing that we already did school all week...?

We just had a bit of an argument about how I'm pregnant and can't clean up the house by myself... so they're going to put MUS blocks all over the floor and not help me clean. Okay. Yea.

I'm trying not to be *really* annoyed. I'm sure it's his way of being helpful or something, but I can't figure out how that could possibly be helping me.

Sorry. Needed to rant, or something. I'm just confused, and trying not to go totally insanely annoyed. Which is hard, because I'm pregnant. :P

Guest janainaz

I think dh wanting to be involved with teaching and just spending time with his son is nothing to be upset about. Blocks are easy messes to clean. :001_smile:

I bet your dh sees how much your kiddo enjoys learning and he just wants to be a part of it. I think you should just go take a nap, watch a movie, or get in some reading and let 'em have at it! Take it as a compliment that you are a good teacher and have inspired both your child and your husband.

Maybe you can even take a minute to sketch out a lesson plan for dad for next Saturday morning... one that includes picking up the blocks at the end of lesson time!