Menu

if using WWE, do you do other narrations too?

Homemama2

I'm very new, but we do narrations with Story of the World (which we are currently doing everyday) in addition to WWE. In addition, he will do narrations upon completing a reading book. We don't do a lot currently because he hates writing and its very slow for us - so far this has been the perfect amount as his handwriting is progressing and he doesn't give up.

I use the WWE text, not the workbook, so I have dd narrate from our SOTW chapter and write it down for her to copy. I often have her narrate her independent reading to me orally, so I know she is comprehending it, and sometime I write them down. I also draw copywork selection from FLL and some of the books we are reading. I periodically reread WTM and think I'm not doing enough:tongue_smilie:, but I also don't want to turn dd off reading and writing or extend our school day too long, so I try to find a good balance for us. :)

We are using the WWE Level 2 workbook, and I do also have my daughter do two history narrations a week. She does an oral narration which I write down and then she copies. I did not have my ds (age 11) do a lot of narration (because he gave me such a hard time over it!), and I later regretted this. So far we aren't doing science narrations, but I hope to add them in.

I'm not sure if we should be doing extra narrations throughout the week on literature, science and history reading.

We just use WWE. My goal is to teach my kids writing skills, so I don't worry about filling up their notebooks anymore with lots of narrations. I feel WWE is enough for writing practice for my dd, so I incorporate lit., science, and history reading with it.