Menu

A Reason for Spelling

scrapbabe

I've used it for first and second grade for my oldest two, and am starting the first grade book again with my third. They're a great start for spelling IMO, gentle yet thorough. We didn't continue it due to different third grade books being given to us, and my second does better with Spelling Wisdom dictation spelling than lists. (When my little guy gets through all the ARFS we already have I'll probably switch him to R&S, which goes to a higher grade level than ARFS does)

It was designed for private Christian school use originally, but they are homeschool friendly. I don't do the weekly story and verses with my kids, which practically eliminates the need for the TE. The TE does have games and extra practice ideas on the side though.

We love the program. I think that my DD like it because of the stories and the verses. We also do A Reason for Handwriting with the same verse being copied for the week. We are going into book D and have no plans to change. Some of the activities are hard to implement with only one child, but it is still a great program. I can't see doing the program without the teacher's book.