Menu

Looking for Shakespeare script for middle school.

Ferdie

We are studying four plays in our middle school hs co-op: Taming of the Shrew, King Lear, Merchant of Venice and the Twelfth Night. For each play we plan to read a retelling of the play by Charles Lamb and then the following week watch an animated version of the same play. We were thinking it would be fun in the third week to have the students act out a shortened version of the play.

Does anyone know where I can download or purchase a middle school level script of any of these plays?? It would have to be a shortened version since our class is only 55 minutes.

Thanks!!

Thank you very much!!

I didn't see what I needed on those site, but one of them mentioned reader's theatre which lead to a book that my library has, Simply Shakespeare. It looks perfect. It is written for middle schoolers and has scripts for each of the plays we are studying. I have to check the copyright and hope it is OK to make copies for classroom use. I am going to go pick it up tomorrow.

Thank you!!! Thank you!!! A thousand thank yous!!