Menu

Dry clean only dress...can I wash this?

Guest Virginia Dawn

I've washed dry clean only things before. The fact that the material is all synthetic is a big plus. If you do decide to try it, use cool water and rinse well. If it is stretchy or knit, roll in a towel to absorb most of the water then lay flat to dry. If it is a stable weave you can hang to dry.

I've washed 2 things that said dry clean only. I know one was polyester but I'm not sure about the other. Anyway, both times I thought they were safe fabrics to wash. They both shrank drastically.

You can use dryel to reduce how often you have to get items professionally dry cleaned. I haven't ruined anything with that yet.

My uniform is dry-clean only. I handwash it on my layovers, but machine wash (cold water, gentle cycle) at home. The fabric thins with each machine wash, but the nature of my outfit is that it is worn and washed a lot. A regular outfit would definitely be machine-washed in this house :)