Menu

Fun Project Ideas for 10 Commandments

FlutterbyMommy

I am trying to prepare for our start next week. I know for 2 weeks we will be working on learning the 10 Commandments (for CC), so I would like to make the process fun.

I do have a very young book about the 10 Commandments. But beyond that book and reading scripture, I have nothing prepared yet. I thought about using a felt board to tell the story, perhaps dressing her up like Moses and doing a little skit.

If you have crossed this bridge previously and have some ideas, I would love to learn! Is there music which was fun and useful? Any craft ideas beyond coloring pages or simple cut and pastes?

thanks in advance for any help!

When we memorized the Commandments, we found it helpful to sing them. We made up some simple chant-like tunes and consistently used a particular tune for a particular Commandment. In Vacation Bible School at churches when I was a kid, we did a project or two that involved making models of the tablets Moses brought - such as on gray construction paper, with modeling clay, or on wood.

Erica in OR