Menu

Turning 40: how did you feel?

I turn forty next year and am actually looking forward to it.:) I looked forward to thirty also. It does not bother me in the least.

Already I am at the point where I care so much less what others think and just try to live my life to please God, dh and myself. There are the various aches and pains and I am starting to need reading glasses. Also, I just requested the book from the library "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Premenopause". Yes, I think it's time.:001_huh:

BUT, I have lost a lot of weight and am slimmer than I have ever been in my adult life. I am really trying to take good care of myself as I enter this stage of my life.

People can't believe I'll be 40 this year. I was carded buying wine a few weeks ago.

I turn 40 in march 2010 and will have a 20th anniversary July 2010

My dh is planning some kind of trip to celebrate. The only thing I know is there will be a beach. He says to have a bikini and my passport:D

He is planning the whole thing. I just have to pack my bags. He even has his mother in on the plans. She will be staying with the kids.

I can't wait!

sounds great!! We went to the beach for my 40th and I loved it. I'm glad we went too because I got pregnant within the next four months after that. We can't afford it nowadays, nor do we have the time.

Susie in Tx...I had some treatments over this past year(6 in all) and at first, I saw great improvements in pore size as well as tone and color of my skin on my cheeks. She would put this chemical on my face and leave it on. I would come home and over the course of 4-5 days, I would have peeling and some redness. Makes my skin super soft and very pretty, I think She always took a before and after picture at the time of each treatment. Along with the treatments, I use LaRoche Posay skincare and love it...I get it at the derm. office and it is quite reasonable compared to all the brands I have used over the years from Sephora. After the treatments were completed in May, she also zapped some spots. Now, after the summer, I have MORE spots, makes my makeup look dirty and I don't know whether to go another round. I wear sunscreen and foundation with sunscreen but I don't want to drop $600 every year and still have problems in the summer. She mentioned that it may be hormonal...but gave no solutions to how to deal with it. I have wondered whether I should go see someone(but who?)about the hormonal thing. I am 45 so I am wondering what I should do at this point. It is frustrating because it is not something I can cover. My husband wants us to take family pictures and I can't even stand the thought of doing it as it is so bad.

Any thoughts on this?